Taxation is an issue that sometimes seems inherent only to small, medium and large companies, but as in previous entries we pointed out, it is present throughout the set of agents of our society, including the particular EM> They do it through IRPF.
Specifically, they are understood by taxpayers of the IRPF both to the natural persons who have their habitual residence in Spanish territory -based on article 8 of Law 35/2006 -, as well as those who have their habitual residence abroad by some of the circumstances listed in article 10, that is, diplomatic mission, consular offices and institutes abroad.
It is a direct, personal, subjective, progressive and periodic tax. Read all suddenly, IRPF characteristics can certainly be confusing. Let’s go step by step:
– IRPF is considered direct, since it falls or tax directly to the natural person.
– It is personal because it looks only in the person and not in good, unlike VAT.
– It is considered subjective, since the IRPF takes into account the physical conditions of the taxpayer in a particular way.
– One of its main features is that it is progressive, in that to the highest tax base it is taxed in greater proportion, a higher percentage of retention will be applied.
– newspaper, due to your annual taxation.
– Finally, it is also analytical, in that the components or different income of the taxable event is integrated into the tax base differently, depending on the origin.
the basis of IRPF
The tax base of this tax is formed by the different income that a natural person can obtain:
– Work yields. This being the central part for the majority of inhabitants, it does not understand all work income, but only those that are earned as a company employee. It is important to point out this aspect, given that for example, those generated of other own income would be excluded.
– Furniture capital yields. Also subject to IRPF, these are all dividends or participations in the benefits of any type of entity, fund, etc.
– real estate capital yields. As presupposed by its qualifier, it is understood by income that is obtained from tangible elements, such as leases of premises or sub -rendering.
– yields of other economic activities. This category includes more concrete acitivities within the business spectrum, such as those related to the forest, agricultural or livestock field.
– Other activities and concepts. We adapt the picture provided by the AEAT to encompass in this subgroup proposed to activities such as the assignment of image rights or other concepts such as raffles, transmission of rights …
You can consult what is the category of the concept that worries you here.
IRPF tax rates have a double application: state and regional.
On the savings scale, the following types are marked:
– Up to € 6,000, 9.50% is applied in national matters and 9.50% in autonomous matters, with 19% in the total type.
– Up to the next € 44,000, 10.50% is applied in national matters and 10.50% in regional matters, with 21% in the total type.
– From € 50,000, 11.50% in national matters and 11.50% in autonomous matters are applied, with 23% in the total type.
Taxpayers by personal income tax with habitual residence abroad will apply the types of tax your fiscal domicile as determined in article 74.1.1 of the Law on the Income Tax of natural persons.
On the other hand, the following general types of application appear:
– Up to € 12,450, 9.50% is applied in national matters and 9.50% in autonomous matters, with 19% in the total type.
– Continuing, up to the following € 7,750, applies 12% in national matters and 12% in autonomic matters, with 24% in the total type.
– After this, up to the next € 15,000, 15% in national matters and 15% in autonomous matters are applied, with 30% in the total type.
– Up to the next € 24,800, 18.50% are applied in national matters and 18.50% in autonomic matters, with 37% in the total type.
– From € 60,000, 22.50% apply in national matters and 22.50% in regional matters, with 45% in the total type.
IRPF statements are generally known as income statements. They are usually presented from May to the end of June, although the campaign begins in April with the sending of the drafts of the rent by the Tax Agency.
The objective of submitting the personal income tax is none other than allowing the Tax Agency to verify all the income received by the taxpayer during the year and determine if, by the volume entered and applying the deductions provided by law, this You have the right to receive capital or, on the contrary, you must pay more taxes.
The draft is a proposal sent by the Tax Agency. The Treasury estimates our statement based on income and withholding data. This proposal can be requested by telephone, internet or at the headquarters of the Tax Agency, and if you are in accordance with the proposal, it can be confirmed and present as definitive.
It is possible to make the income statement by different routes. The first, to go directly to the Verum , where we make your statement to measure, informing you of all the deductions to which you have access.